Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
Starry is looking for a talented corporate paralegal to join our growing team of legal professionals and provide best-in-class support for our Corporate, Commercial, and Regulatory teams. In this role, you’ll work cross-functionally and play a central role in building the processes and systems to support scalability and drive contract management and administration for our fast-growing company. You’ll also support our board committees and SEC reporting obligations, as well as prepare annual state filings, and manage other aspects of the corporate governance function. We are looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic, and energetic environment. This is a collaborative role and you’ll work closely with our General Counsel, Assistant General Counsels, and other lawyers. The ideal candidate has outstanding core skills, balanced business and legal judgment, is a self-starter, and is an avid learner who loves finding solutions to complex issues.
What you'll do:
- Manage in-house contract management and automation tools and assist with process improvement initiatives for scalability
- Administer contract management procedures and controls to ensure use of appropriate forms and adherence to established corporate and commercial contracts policies
- Review contracts for compliance; coordinate approvals, tracking, and execution of agreements amongst multiple parties; manage the contract renewal and amendment process
- Support various commercial and corporate arrangements, including assisting in the drafting and execution of various agreements, such as non-disclosure agreements
- Support our secretarial function, including preparing materials for the board of directors and related committees; maintaining corporate resolutions, minute books, and corporate records
- Assist with administration of our Insider Trading Policy, 10b5-1 plans, related employee and director equity matters, and the administration of director and officer equity incentive plans.
- Assist in preparing public disclosure documents, including SEC periodic reports such as 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, Proxy Statements, Section 16 filings, and other related documents.
- Create and maintain various legal intranet sites, self-service tools and resources such as playbooks, checklists, and pre-approved legal forms
- Assist with filing and renewal of business licenses and other any necessary state and municipal licenses and registrations for various entities
- Prepare and disseminate information to the business regarding contract process and status
- Conduct training presentations for various internal stakeholders and teams
- A Paralegal certificate and/or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- At least 5 years of relevant corporate paralegal experience, including at least 2 years at a public company or a law firm supporting public company clients; in-house experience is a plus.
- Registered notary public, or willingness to obtain notary license.
- A high degree of proficiency (aka power user) with Google Workspace (formerly G Suite), MS Suite, and DocuSign.
- Adept at understanding, adopting and implementing new legal technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a strong emphasis on articulating complex issues in a clear and actionable way.
- Highest level of accuracy and organization; superb attention to detail and excellent proofreading skills.
- Ability to work independently, manage numerous projects simultaneously under pressure, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Track record of a practical business and solution-oriented approach to resolving issues.
- Proven ability to develop collaborative relationships with internal partners and deal effectively with a variety of individuals at all organizational levels.
- You’re familiar with ContractSafe
- You’re familiar with Carta
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.