Associate Director, Financial Planning and Analysis
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we are looking for:
Reporting to the Director of FP&A, this person will assist in the financial planning process (budget, forecasts, long range plan), work directly with department heads to grow the business while managing performance versus Plan, be hands on with financial planning system (Adaptive Planning), be relied upon as a thought partner to CFO and Director FP&A in guiding the evolution of the FP&A Team with a focus on insight, agility, scalability, and efficiency.
What you will do:
- Key contributor to the annual budgeting process. Learn all components, and take ownership of
certain key components in the annual planning advised by Director
- Support the full transition to the new corporate planning tool (Adaptive Planning) and
progressively leverage tool to provide budgeting, forecasting, and reporting
- Assist in setting timing, communications preparation, status review, and presentation
- Ability to create and/or review robust excel-based multi-scenario models.
- Partner with Accounting on GL results and cost center variances to inform insights
- Present analysis in Excel and PowerPoint to senior management
- Work on multiple projects, including unplanned quick turnaround ad-hoc projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, or Economics - Masters preferred
- Familiarity using Adaptive Planning forecasting, budgeting, and reporting software. Prior usage of Adaptive Insights/Planning and Looker required.
- Prior usage of enterprise tools. Prior usage of NetSuite highly preferred.
- 7-12 years of professional work experience. Prior experience in FP&A role required. Prior telecom and/or monthly recurring revenue tech company experience required.
- Top Tier Advanced modeling ability and experience- high focus on Excel and Power Point
- Prior experience managing direct reports and cross-functional project management
- Strong understanding of various financial statements and GAAP reporting
- Prior public company experience preferred.
Bonus points if:
- Superior analytical skills with the proven ability to effectively analyze data to highlight trends, identify potential risks/opportunities
- Strong organization and time management skills to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and ability to work with and present to executives
- Enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks and learns quickly when facing new problems
- Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, experience, and judgment
- Proven team player establishes and maintains effective relationships with stakeholders and gains their trust as a knowledge resource
- Ability to work in a fast pace, dynamic organization going through transformation periods
- Willingness to work longer hours and/or weekends, when necessary, to meet established deadline
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.