Manager, Software Engineer in Test
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
What you'll do:
- Drive engagement amongst engineers to ship timely, high-quality releases.
- Design, develop, execute and automate feature-level and system-level tests.
- Review and contribute to product and firmware specifications.
- Create test plans and obtain buy-in from interested parties.
- Validate individual features meet requirements.
- Quantify system reliability, scalability, load, and throughput.
- Develop and improve automation suites and test harnesses.
- Communicate test details, result summaries, and status of releases.
- Manage a team of other engineers also performing the roles above.
- Foster the career development of your team.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, or other related disciplines.
- Working knowledge of embedded systems and networking concepts, preferably from experience in developing these technologies.
- Proficiency with Linux, Python, networking, and bash.
- Experience with source control and defect tracking systems (Github, Jira, etc.)
- Strong leadership and interpersonal communications skills.
- Experience leading a team or demonstrated readiness to do so.
Bonus points for:
- Understanding of wireless communications protocols, e.g. 802.11ac/ax (Wi-Fi).
- Familiarity with electronics labs and test equipment.
- Knowledge of languages such as C, C++, Rust.
- Experience with RF systems and concepts.
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.