Director of Corporate Development
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Starry is seeking a Director of Corporate Development to help build and execute a development strategy focused on sourcing, negotiating, structuring, and executing strategic partnerships and investments. The Director of Corporate development will build potential partnership models, develop relationships with potential partners, help negotiate agreements, and work with potential investors. They will also help inform and drive the Company’s overall strategy by identifying industry trends and analyzing emerging technologies.
The successful candidate will be entrepreneurial, creative, have excellent quantitative skills, and have an understanding of the broadband market and broader internet ecosystem. They will have experience in corporate development, will have executed partnerships and successful transactions, and will have the fortitude to work projects from beginning to end. The successful candidate will be a key partner to Starry’s executive team and all business units, working directly with strategy, operations, finance, and engineering.
What you’ll do
- Analyze industry trends and emerging technologies and associated sectors
- Source potential partnerships by developing strong relationships within the sector
- Build business cases for new partnerships or investments and articulate the thesis in clear terms to executive leadership
- Help manage investment processes
- Be a proactive partner helping build and execute an effective corporate development strategy
- 5+ years of experience in corporate development, investment banking, consulting, or private equity
- Significant experience building partnership structures, negotiating partnerships and transactions, and managing executive-level relationships
- Advanced excel modeling skills
- Strong understanding of the broadband sector and broader internet ecosystem
- Excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities; ability to clearly communicate compelling messages internally and externally
- Deep understanding of the broadband sector and broader internet ecosystem
- Entrepreneurial and hyper responsible
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.