Data Analyst (GIS)
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
What you’ll do:
- Execution of advanced spatial analytics with large scale raster and vector datasets
- Efficient retrieval, integration, and storage of tabular and geospatial data manually and using APIs/other automated methods
- Automation of workflows for programmatic maintenance and evaluation of datasets (validation and QA)
- Development of geospatial processing tools (PostGIS, Python, QGIS)
- Creation of cartographic products for stakeholders
- Identification of valuable GIS data sources through exhaustive research - including address & property data
- Proficiency in Python, SQL
- Experience designing and administering spatial databases (PostGIS)
- Experience with migration of legacy datasets to GIS environment
- Demonstrated interest in quantitative geographic analysis
- Ability to work with open source software (QGIS, GRASS, etc.)
Bonus points if you have...
- 2+ years of relevant GIS related professional experience
- Experience with optimization and least cost algorithmic solutions
- Familiarity with urban planning, land use permitting/zoning, property valuation
- Familiarity with demographic data sources (Census, American Housing Survey, American Community Survey, American FactFinder, TIGER)
Starry values providing prospective employees with a fair chance to pursue opportunities. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable Fair Chance ordinance.
For Colorado residents: Salary range of $75,000 to $85,000. Final salary will be based on a variety of factors, including experience, education, and training.
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.