Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who We’re Looking For:
Starry is looking for an incredibly talented Designer to join our creative team. In this role, you’ll create impactful marketing collateral for customer-facing campaigns and internal communications.
You’ll utilize your keen aesthetic instincts and technical chops to elevate and maintain the consistency of Starry’s brand across a broad range of channels (print, digital, social) – each with its unique challenges and audiences that you’ll need to design for. You will work both independently and hand-in-hand with marketing managers and senior members of the creative team, depending on the project’s needs.
You know you’re right for this role if you have excellent communication skills, serious attention to detail, and an innate ability to adhere to timelines. You’re eager to expand your skills and are comfortable taking on new challenges. Lastly, you speak internet. When there’s a new design trend, you’re always the first to know.
What you’ll do:
- Assist Senior designers and copywriters in the development of campaign concepts by exploring a wide variety of executions
- Streamline the creative production of marketing and sales collateral by versioning print and digital creative for various projects – and collaborating with marketing managers to oversee its rollout
- Concept and design thumb-stopping posts for our social channels
- Help make our marketing more accessible by considering how different audiences perceive your designs and assist in the creation of templates for translated materials
- Clearly articulate design rationale to cross-functional partners
- Keep projects on track by managing your personal workflow, schedule, and deadlines
- Push our brand into the real-world by designing swag and uniforms that people are thrilled to get their hands on
- Collaborate with Starry leaders to design important investor relations materials that help move our business forward
- 1–3 years of visual design experience
- Advanced understanding of typography, grid, layout, and color
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite, Google Slides and familiar with tools like Sketch and Figma
- Clear and effective written and verbal communicator
- Feel comfortable working in a fast-paced design environment
- Excellent organization and project management skills
- Lastly, you’re self motivated. You enjoy collaborating with others, whether it’s hashing out briefs, brainstorming A/B tests, or working closely with teammates to bring the work to life.
- Experience with After Effects and animation
- Experience with startups a plus
- Enthusiasm for new technology and the internet space
- Candidates must be in close proximity to Starry’s New York office, but will be able to maintain a hybrid office/WFH schedule
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.