Marketing Operations Manager
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who We’re Looking For:
Starry is hiring a Marketing Operations Manager who is obsessively committed to getting things right. Reporting to the VP of Brand & Creative, you will be responsible for streamlining processes and improving efficiency across the marketing organization. In this role you’ll manage the production of sales and marketing field collateral; filter new requests; collaborate with leadership across Sales and Marketing teams to refine processes, organization, documentation, and rollout of new materials; and own Starry’s digital content management system and swag portal.
You’ll know you’re right for this role if you’re the kind of person who has an eye for detail, stays calm under pressure, and tackles problems with a proactive ‘what’s coming next’ mindset. When you’re on the job, problems seem to magically disappear.
What you’ll do:
- Own the organization and management of Starry’s Digital Content Library (Lucidpress) so that marketing and sales teams have easy access to the most up-to-date collateral and templates
- Work with Creative, Marketing, and Sales leadership to streamline requests for new creative, develop briefs and timelines, and then collaborate with stakeholders and the creative team to keep projects running smoothly
- Oversee the production of new marketing collateral and swag, collaborating closely with designers, copywriters, and field teams to create and revise existing materials
- Seek out efficiencies in print production by creating budgets and forecasting demand
- Build Starry’s reputation as a first-class partner by managing vendor relationships (contracts, SOW, invoicing and payments)
- Ensure the success of new promotions and initiatives by coordinating the rollout of new collateral and being the go-to person when teams have questions
- Assist Leadership in organizational planning by scheduling reviews with teams and updating project management tools
- Stay calm under pressure and maintain a flexible, collaborative attitude throughout evolving responsibilities
- BA or BS degree required
- 2-4 years experience in professional environment
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to communicate effectively to business stakeholders, team and partners
- Focused on creative, executional and organizational excellence
- Proficient in Google Suite and Microsoft Office
- Have a working knowledge of Adobe products
- Experience with a high growth startup
- Experience managing or supervising others
- Background in marketing, sales, or project management
- Enthusiasm for new technology and the internet space
- Candidates must be in close proximity to one of Starry’s primary offices (New York, Boston, Washington DC, Columbus, Denver or Los Angeles), but can maintain a hybrid office/WFH schedule.
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.