Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
What you’ll do:
You will be responsible for all operational aspects of the vertical assets in the local market including design, construction, installation, site turn up, and site optimization and expansion. You will work closely with the RF Planning, GIS, Marketing, Sales, and Deployment teams to identify, acquire, and bring into production high value sites that support Starry’s business objectives in the market. Our ideal candidate will develop a culturally aligned top-notch team with existing and new members.You will be responsible for setting up operational structures and methods to manage the development of vertical asset sites on an aggressive schedule, from budgeting to materials sourcing.
- BA/BS degree, ideally in a technical discipline, with equivalent practical experience
- 10 years minimum experience in leading multiple concurrent highly visible projects and deliver hands-on vertical asset or RAN Serving sites acquisition, engineering and implementing telecommunications/wireless networks
- Knowledge of outdoor telco construction services (ordering and installation): Power (AC and DC) distribution plants, fiber, ethernet, permitting, zoning, vendor equipment requirements, antennas, UPS, weatherproofing, and grounding
- Familiarity with RF propagation and as it pertains to coverage and high-availability network design and site construction i.e. line of sight (LOS), fresnel zone interference, multipath, signal reflection
- Excellent in managing pipeline of large and complex network construction projects, project planning, communication, delegation, process improvements, documentation, and interpersonal skills
- Hands-on experience in managing construction contractors and project managers, VA engineers, VA Technicians, electrician, Supply Chain and equipment product vendors, tracking and communicating progress and key performance indicators (KPIs) to Management Team
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs regularly, respond quickly to avoid or mitigate potentially dangerous situations, move safely over uneven terrain, safely climb ladders while carrying up to 40 lbs, work in extreme weather, and wear personal protective gear correctly
- Must be able to adhere to OSHA safety guidelines and wear personal protective gear correctly and as required
- Must be able to regularly use ladders, hatches, steps, and other means to gain access to roofs on multiple story buildings
- This position requires driving a Starry vehicle. You’ll need to have a valid driver’s license in the state of your residence and a safe driving record.
Bonus points if..
- You have prior experience developing greenfield and growth sites for major telco carriers in multiple environments - towers, commercial rooftops, residential rooftops
- Experience in a fast growth, high volume, startup environment
- You hold PMP certification
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.