Senior Product Manager, Network Operations
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Starry is building a wired and wireless network of connected devices to provide internet access to subscribers around the country. These devices are managed by our Tier 1 (customer care), Tier 2 (network operations) and Tier 3 (fiber backbone) teams using primarily home-grown software. This software is intended to depict the entirety of the network across all tiers and is used by internal users to understand quality of service and to alert on and mitigate issues experienced by our customers.
Starry is seeking an experienced product manager to understand the intricacies of our network, the work that our teams do, and to design the future of how Starry should monitor and manage its network.
Who we're looking for:
Our ideal candidate is a resourceful and independently-motivated Product Manager with a background in internal tools who will help define, shape, and focus the various teams involved in network operations. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work to deliver software products and procedures that advance Starry’s vision for measuring and managing its network. Reporting to our VP of Product Management, you’ll work with teams made up of software engineers, network management teams, electrical engineers, and business people.
What you'll do:
- Gain a deep understanding of how a network with hundreds of thousands of devices is managed
- Work with our radio area network teams to understand the capacity of our wireless network and prioritize improvements that will improve service to our customers
- Create and evangelize a perspective on how improvements to our processes can create a sustainable competitive advantage for Starry
- Prioritize, define, and refine deliverables based on business and user impact
- Create buy-in for product decisions with key stakeholders across the organization
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and user stories
- Work closely with engineering teams to ensure user stories are technically sound, ready for development, and will support the needs of internal users
- Coordinate with stakeholders and project teams to deliver timely product solutions that map to company strategy and priorities
- 4-7 years experience in a product management role on a high-growth software team
- Strong technical fundamentals, especially in the areas of network operations and internal tools
- Bringing a new software product to market or successfully enhancing existing software products in desktop, mobile, or hybrid environments
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and the willingness to creatively get the job done
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work with technical and non-technical teams
- Ability to build consensus around a multi-year roadmap in the face of varying opinions
- Comfortable working in a small team with sometimes ambiguous or fluid priorities
Starry values providing prospective employees with a fair chance to pursue opportunities. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable Fair Chance ordinance.
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.