Vertical Assets Engineer
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who you are:
- You have great judgment and an ability to work independently in a fast-paced startup environment
- You have an extraordinary and demonstrated ability to multitask
- You have established organizational and time management skills and regimens
- You have a strong bias for action, and sense of pace and urgency
- You ensure work is completed in the expected timelines and have a proven track record of delivering on or exceeding goals
- You’re extremely process oriented and love using your organizing skills to help teams run more efficiently
What you’ll do:
- Develop engineering drawings and renderings to specify details/component level design for vertical assets site build outs
- Perform audits of existing vertical asset sites and develop enhanced engineering designs to meet company and industry construction standards
- Manage New Site Build Designs & Site Modifications.
- Update necessary tracking system(s) to ensure that project and/or program status is maintained with complete accuracy, including third party management systems
- Manage third party fiber providers from sales order through activation. Include site design, construction, installation, Cross Connects, and turn up.
- Develop and maintain accurate and complete files for projects and programs; continue to monitor for integrity and completeness
- Manage third party A&E vendors for design walks
- Review engineering drawings for accuracy
- Create Scope of Work Documents for internal and external teams
- Review construction bids from approved vendors
- Site visits for Site Design, Point Walks, Pre-Construction visits, verify recent installations, and oversee external vendors, Contractors, and Starry Crews
- Manage Site Turnup Procedures to ensure site Launch meets Network Standards and site installation conforms with Site IDP and Installation design.
- Memorialize all project tracking metrics (budget, timelines, vendor performance)
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- Two (2) to four (4) years prior experience working as a project coordinator/assistant project manager
- Knowledge of construction services (ordering and installation): Telco, power, fiber, basic construction, permitting, vendor equipment requirements, antennas and grounding
- Experience in a fast growth, high volume, startup environment
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Strong Excel/spreadsheet skills a bonus
- Telecommunications/wireless project management skills a plus
- Real passion for Starry’s business
Salary Range: $70,000.00-$80,000.00, final pay is determined by skills and experience
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.