Network Control Engineer
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
What you’ll do:
- Monitor and proactive troubleshooting of Starry’s 24/7 platform, network traffic and alerts
- Collaborate with internal and external cross-functional teams to resolve platform affecting issues
- Ensure issues are clearly tracked, updated and documented
- Deploy and coordinate firmware updates, network installation and maintenance on the network in a safe manner
- Assist in deploying new products and devices for customers
- Improve tools, alerts, documentation and procedures
This is a full-time, remote position for First Shift (8am-4pm EST M-F). Candidates must be located in one of the following states: Alabama, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, or Washington DC.
Who you are:
- Have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Networking/Mathematics/Computer Science and 2 to 4 years of relevant experience
- Have a strong understanding of Layer 2 and Layer 3 networking (routing/switching)
- Have a good knowledge of TCP/IP in internet working communications
- Have experience working in a Linux environment
- Have analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to gather, synthesize and summarize data
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A team player! Be able to collaborate, prioritize, and solve problems in an ever-changing environment
Bonus points for:
- Previous NOC experience
- Cisco/Juniper network certification
- Experience troubleshooting wireless connections
- Willing to work at least one weekend day (Saturday or Sunday)
Pay range: $32.00 - $35.00 hourly. Final hourly pay rate will be based on a variety of factors, including experience, education, and training.
Starry values providing prospective employees with a fair chance to pursue opportunities. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable Fair Chance ordinance.
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.