Vendor Partner Manager
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
Starry is looking for a Vendor Manager to join the Vertical Assets Deployment team. Our ideal candidate will support the team’s assigned projects as well as the following tasks: correspondence, tracking project deliverables, dates and monitoring deadlines, and providing regular and timely reports highlighting variances as they arise.
Who You Are:
- You have great judgment and an ability to work independently in a fast-paced startup environment
- You have an extraordinary and demonstrated ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- You have established organizational and time management skills and regimens
- You have a strong bias for action, and sense of pace and urgency
- You ensure work is completed in the expected timelines and have a proven track record of delivering on or exceeding goals
- You’re extremely process oriented and love using your organizing skills to help teams run more efficiently
- You have prior experience developing greenfield and growth sites for major telco carriers in multiple environments - towers, commercial rooftops, and residential rooftops
What You’ll Do:
- Partner Management: Evaluation, Selection and On-boarding of strategic National and Regional partners
- Oversee Starry partners under contract to ensure on time and under budget project completion.
- Financial Management: Proposals, Forecast, Revenue, and Price/Cost/Margin analysis
- Establish a working relationship with Starry’s strategy partners used for building new Vertical Assets in new and existing markets
- Manage competitive bidding process for new and existing National & Regional partners
- Serve as the Starry spokesperson developing relationships and facilitating communication, updates, and meetings.Lead business reviews with vendors and partners, focusing on performance, quality, corrective actions etc.
- Ensure partners are delivering on defined in Service Level Agreements ( SLA) and key milestones for starting the next phase of site construction.
- Create standard documentation across all vendors, ie bidding sheets, drawing baselines, etc
- Status reports with KPI tracking to evaluate performance
- Review current vendors and analyze if they meet current company needs
- BS/BA degree in construction management, electrical engineering, or civil engineering preferred
- Equivalent experience will be considered
- Strong knowledge of Telecom construction and engineering, project budget creation and management, project scheduling and tracking, project finance, cost reporting, and field office operations
- Broad experience with labor contracts partner selection, negotiation, and project management
- A proven ability to drive performance, meet aggressive deadlines on time and on budget
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and elevate the levels of performance within a larger group
- 5+ years of project managing large new site builds or major site modification programs
- Excellent communication, documentation, and interpersonal skills
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.