Training Content Manager
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
What you’ll do:
As part of the Subscriber Services Operations team, this role will be focused on working cross functionally to build learning experiences for the Starry support organization. Detailed Responsibilities may include but not be limited to:
- Work with stakeholders to determine content development needs and solutions
- Develop, write, and coordinate learning sources and materials working with subject matter experts for specific details.
- Function as a Project or Program Manager as needed to see learning efforts to implementation.
- Become a curator of learning sources to support broad employee and talent pools.
- Partner with management to ensure implementation of programs.
- Manage and provide reporting on training progress
- Understanding of technology solutions and operations from a learning perspective
Who you are:
- Creative: Experience in Design and ability to create simulated learning in addition to other modalities.
- Collaborative: Ability to work closely with SMEs, gain business acumen, and understand what is needed to drive success in a timely manner.
- Adaptable: Ability to switch gears due to the demand of the business in order to meet new deadlines.
- Thorough: Ability to condense content in a concise and understandable format for your audience.
- Bachelor's Degree with related experience is required.
- Prior experience will include developing and planning employee training programs.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with individuals, groups, and other organizational units to carry out the goals of a training function.
- A strong team orientation and a dedication to the success of the team's objectives.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Experience with e-Learning authoring tools such as Storyboard and/or Adobe Captivate
This position is full time and work from home. You must be based in one of the following states: Alabama, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, or Washington DC.
For Colorado residents: Salary range of $90,000 to $100,000. Final salary will be based on a variety of factors, including experience, education, and training.
Starry values providing prospective employees with a fair chance to pursue opportunities. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable Fair Chance ordinance.
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.