Office Coordinator (Part Time)
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
As Starry’s Office Coordinator, you’ll play an essential role in shaping the feel of our daily operations. Working directly with the Director of IT & Facilities, you will assist with daily activities at our downtown Boston office. Our ideal candidate is a positive, self-starter who has a particular attention to detail, is keen on multitasking, and likes to keep things clean and orderly. Normal working hours are from 8:00a - 5:00p, but flexibility is helpful for occasional events. This is a Part Time role, with a minimum of 30 hours per week. This position is also eligible for our benefits.
Who we’re looking for:
- Organized: strong prioritization skills with an affinity for multitasking and the details
- Reliable: responsive, available, and present
- Self-motivated: always looking for ways to do something better; forward-thinking planner
- Autonomous: self-motivated, scrappy, and able to deal with the ambiguity typical of an agile company
- Quick: whip smart and able to pick up knowledge on-the-go; you know hustle
What you’ll do:
- Set up our new hires: arrange their seating space, outfit them in Starry gear, and get them situated with their hardware and with our Human Resources team
- Facilitate weekly catered meals
- Clean, stock and maintain general areas
- Greet visitors, offer refreshments, and alert appropriate co-workers of their arrival
- Work with building management to maintain employee access, enforce city and building safety regulations
- Assist with shipping and receiving logistics, including incoming mail and package deliveries
- Coordinate the ordering, storage, and distribution of safety gear and equipment for office, technicians, and vehicles; track these items with extra care and keep meticulous records
- 1-2 years of administrative, facilities or office experience, preference on exposure to a busy environment
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail is an absolute must
- Ability to bustle about, bend, squat and lift up to 30 pounds
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Having a positive and professional demeanor
- Able to multitask in a fast-paced environment
Bonus Points If:
- Your prior work experience includes time spent in a high growth start-up
- You’ve worked with the Google suite
- You’re able to juggle rapid inquiries and requests with grace
- You have passionate feelings about Starry and our mission
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.