Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we're looking for:
Our ideal candidate has outstanding communication and project management skills, a passion for customer service, is a self-motivated problem solver, and has proven success in customer facing roles. You also have experience in creating and executing project plans, cost and ROI models, defining and controlling project scope, as well as formulating and tracking project schedules.
What you'll do:
- Execute and maintain project management processes in the areas of project schedule, quality management, communications management, risk/issue management, and change management
- Develop and maintain project schedules, Statements of Work, Bill of Materials, cost, ROI, IRR, and calendars with the input and assistance of technical leads
- Facilitate team meetings, providing meeting minutes and action items where needed
- Build strong communication channels with internal stakeholders in various departments: Engineering, Operations, Construction, Sales, and Marketing
- Track tasks assigned to the project team and prepare regular status reports
- Responsible for tracking project changes and producing updated schedules
- Influence continuous improvement of project management methodologies including: assessment of project delivery capabilities, gathering and reporting performance metrics, establishing corresponding targets, and measurement of on-going progress
- Identify and manage interdependencies between applications, platforms, services, and environments
- Ensure smooth communication within the project team and other cross-functional teams
- Interface with external stakeholders and manage stakeholder expectations as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Technology or related, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a project management role or equivalent
- Comfortable working in a small team or startup, and sometimes ambiguous or fluid environments
- Desire to learn new technologies and grow within the company
- Experience in process and implementation management in a technology company
- Strong communicator and influencer with a track record of delivering on-time concurrent projects
- Experience with Google Suite; must be highly proficient with Google Sheets/Excel
- MUST be hands-on and able to roll up their sleeves
- This position requires driving a Starry vehicle. You’ll need to have a valid driver’s license in the state of your residence and a safe driving record.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with JIRA, Looker, and SalesForce
- Prior customer-facing experience is highly desired
- Technology expertise: telecommunications, infrastructure cabling, wireless, Layer 2 and 3 technologies, Ethernet, IP Transit, Wi-Fi, structure, and building architecture
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.