Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we're looking for:
Starry is looking for an experienced Dispatcher to join the Field Experts team. The Dispatcher will be responsible for managing all aspects of the customer installations and service repair calendar.
This position is full-time and work from home. You must be based in one of the following states: Alabama, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, or Washington DC.
Who You Are:
- You have great judgment and an ability to work independently in a fast-paced, startup environment
- You have an extraordinary ability to multitask
- You have excellent communication skills to work both with customers and coworkers
- You’re extremely process oriented and love using your organizing skills to help teams run more efficiently
What you'll do:
- Monitor technician progress throughout the day and reassign work if needed to ensure appointments remain on schedule.
- Proactively reach out to both technicians and customers when scheduling conflicts arise.
- Continuously communicate appointment updates to customers in real time through email and phone.
- Serve as the first point of contact for all Starry technicians and contractors when scheduling challenges arise or follow up appointments are required.
- Handle scheduling offline customers and service visits, prioritizing customer needs alongside technician workload.
- Communicate urgently to market leadership when staffing needs are not sufficient to cover pending escalations in order to find an effective resolution.
- Ensure technicians have all required appointment information, including on-site contact information, required equipment, or access requirements.
- Work to arrange site or unit access by contacting customers, property managers, or various required parties as necessary.
- Assist in the scheduling and planning of technician calendars, skills, working territories and job routes as directed by the Workforce Planner across multiple markets.
- Troubleshoot availability issues and handle rescheduling requests for customer care, customers or Starry field representatives in order to ensure all available appointment times are able to be offered.
- 2+ years prior experience working as a dispatcher managing a field team, an operations coordinator, or in customer service
- Experience in a fast growth, high volume, startup environment
- Ability to work independently and proactively
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.