Subscriber Sales & Support Expert
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
As a remote Subscriber Sales & Support Expert, you will be responsible for acquiring new Starry subscribers and driving our success through subscriber acquisition and customer retention.
You are curious, self-motivated, confident, engaging and love chatting with people. You’re positive and solution oriented and definitely not afraid to think outside the box when faced with a challenge.
This is a great starting point for those looking to switch careers and/or jumpstart a career in sales, marketing or customer support. We provide all the tools and training to ensure our team is successful to meet and exceed their goals. All new hires receive ongoing personal coaching and mentoring to build the confidence needed to perfect their pitch. We believe in nurturing talent - show us you’re motivated and the sky's the limit!
What you’ll do:
- Advocate and educate - let your potential customer know how great Starry is, overcoming objections by communicating a thorough understanding of the features and benefits of Starry Internet
- Let people know how Starry Internet is changing the game by providing affordable, fast, reliable internet service in their community with excellent customers service, prices that are transparent, and no contract commitments with no gimmicks
- Manage a queue of customer inquiries regarding our products and services, actively communicating via phone, chat and email to sign customers up for Starry Internet
- Meet and exceed goals; identify potential sales, product, technical, or customer care issues and address with leadership
- Sell and support with relevancy and charm; we are not pushy!
- Experience in sales and/or customer service
- Experience with and eagerness to sell and retain customer relationships using a suite of technology applications including VOIP phone, ticketing systems and chat tools
- Positive, upbeat personality with no fear of talking to strangers
- Self-motivated, initiative driven, and problem-solving mentality
- Ability to help guide consumer decision-making process, close sales, and help prospects choose Starry over other internet provider alternatives
- Comfortable with a start-up environment; ability to wear multiple hats, switch gears quickly, and pitch in where needed
- Ability to work flexible hours - this role will include evenings and at least one weekend day
- Ability to work from home in a quiet, dedicated space
- Passionate advocate for equitable internet (everyone should have access to affordable, fast, reliable internet) with desire to be yourself when connecting and having fun with potential customers!
- Desire to be a part of a game changing company - we are the only internet company with a program specifically created for low income and affordable housing MDU’s
- Enthusiasm for new technology and the internet space
- Bilingual (English and another language), fluent in both languages
The starting rate for this position is $19/hourly.
Starry values providing prospective employees with a fair chance to pursue opportunities. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable Fair Chance ordinance.
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.