Inventory Specialist (Part-Time)
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
What you’ll do:
- Continuously inspect all work equipment to identify shortages and damages and manage any needed resolutions promptly to enable a smooth flow of operations
- Confirm and checkout all outgoing stock to ensure equipment is in good condition and all pertinent documents are accurately accounted for
- Assist the Warehouse Manager to implement inventory process and regularly audit: checking in of all received equipment, conducting physical counts, comparing computer stock to physical counts, and investigating discrepancies
- Receive, store, move, and kitting outgoing material, equipment, and other items from warehouse
- Manually or mechanically load and unload materials from pallets, skids, platforms, cars, lifting devices, or other transport vehicles
- Assist with the maintenance of supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations
- High school diploma/GED required
- NetSuite experience preferred
- 6-12+ months of inventory or warehouse experience
- Good team skills and able to work with others
- Ability to fully carry out instructions
- Ability to multitask
- Good knowledge of record keeping
- Experience with Google or Microsoft office tools (Document, Spreadsheet)
- Able to work occasional weekends, holidays and evenings
- Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs regularly, respond quickly to avoid or mitigate potentially dangerous situations, move safely over uneven terrain, safely climb ladders while carrying up to 40 lbs, and work outdoors in extreme weather
- Must be able to regularly use ladders, hatches, steps, and other means to gain access to roofs on multiple story buildings
- Must adhere to OSHA safety guidelines and wear personal protective gear properly and as required
- Must be able to bustle about, bend, squat, or stand for prolonged periods of time
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.