Field Sales Representative
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
As a Field Sales Representative, you will be responsible for acquiring new Starry subscribers and driving our success in your assigned multi-family residential properties, condos, residential communities and neighborhoods. You will build and own the relationship with the doormen, property managers and/or on site supers to aid you in ultimately selling subscriptions.
You are curious, self-motivated, confident, engaging and love chatting with people. You’re positive and solution oriented and definitely not afraid to think outside the box when faced with a challenge.
Our Sales Representatives have a base salary and high earning potential through commissions. This is a great starting point for those looking to switch careers and/or jumpstart a career in sales and/or marketing. We believe in nurturing talent - show us you’re motivated and you can be promoted within your first year to enterprise sales or join the marketing team.
What you’ll do:
- Advocate and educate - let your potential customer know how great Starry is by communicating a thorough understanding of the features and benefits of Starry Internet to sell our service
- Let people know how Starry Internet is changing the game by providing affordable, fast, reliable internet service in their community with excellent customers service, prices that are transparent, and no contract commitments with no gimmicks
- Meet and exceed sales goals; identify potential sales, product, technical, or customer care issues and address with your local teams
- Identify, source, and attend potential subscriber acquisition opportunities to achieve your personal goals
- Call on and visit all new build MDU properties on a regular basis prior to and following occupancy
- Build out waiting list and drive subscriber conversion once the building is live with Starry Internet Service
- Sell with relevancy and charm; we are not pushy!
- Evidenced success in a professional and/or extracurricular field
- Positive, upbeat personality with no fear of talking to strangers
- Self-motivated, initiative driven, and problem-solving mentality
- Ability to help guide consumer decision making process, close sales, and help prospects choose Starry over other internet provider alternatives
- Comfortable with a start-up environment; ability to wear multiple hats, switch gears quickly, and pitch in where needed
- This position requires driving a Starry vehicle. You’ll need to have a valid driver’s license in the state of your residence and a safe driving record
- Relevant Field Sales experience or a hustler mentality
- Passionate advocate for equitable internet (everyone should have access to affordable, fast, reliable internet) with desire to be yourself when connecting and having fun with potential customers!
- Desire to be a part of a game changing company - we are the only internet company with a program specifically created for low income and affordable housing MDU’s
- Enthusiasm for new technology and the internet space
- Willingness to work weekday morning, nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the position such as bustling about, standing, bending, and sitting for the duration of your shift
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.