Cost Accounting Lead
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
As a member of our Corporate Finance Team, perform cost accounting duties for our manufacturing location and provide guidance, partnering and analysis to the manufacturing operations. Such partnering includes implementing cutting edge processes and systems to enable a greater degree of efficiency, effectiveness and scalability in the areas of Supply Chain,Manufacturing, Finance, Quality and Engineering.
What you’ll do:
- Build scalable processes that facilitate the delivery of Starry’s manufacturing commitments to support subscriber growth targets
- Utilize your proven experience in the implementation of manufacturing systems in a fast-paced environment.
- Leverage your knowledge of standard cost or other cost conventions in a manufacturing company
- Partner with internal subject matter experts and business stakeholders to lead the design of the future cost accounting (including routings) and inventory analysis processes that contemplate key management review controls.
- Work order reviews and closures, weighted average cost support, physical inventory, cycle counts
- Month end journal entries and reconciliations related to cost of sales, inventory capitalization, excess and obsolete inventory and other inventory reserves
- Create decision support models (i.e. make versus buy)
- Training, data cleaning/mapping, testing, solution acceptance and cutover reconciliation
- Drive the creation of KPI’s, analyze and provide supporting commentary
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least 8 years of Cost/Inventory experience in a Product Manufacturing environment.
- Strong communications, partnering and Excel skills required.
- ERP system experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with inventory valuation and provision requirements
Bonus points if...
- You are familiar with a contract manufacturing model
- You have experience with the NetSuite manufacturing suite
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.