Senior RF Design Engineer
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we're looking for:
Starry is looking for a Senior RF/Microwave Design Engineer who wants to help us redefine how users access the internet. You will play a pivotal role in shaping our radio products and services. Our ideal candidate will have significant experience in Microwave and RF design, be a self-starter, and passionate about our technology. You enjoy working collaboratively with other disciplines such as Mechanical, Software and Manufacturing to ensure that our products meet business objectives. Hands-on lab work will be required as part of the development process, as well as the ability to debug at the board level. Reporting to the RF Engineering Manager, this position is located in downtown Boston.
What you’ll do:
- Design, simulate and test RF/Microwave circuits from 0.1 to 60 GHz in microstrip, waveguide or other mediums using linear and non-linear circuit simulators such as ADS, Genesys/Pathwave, CST etc.
- Design circuits such as PLLs, mixers, amplifiers and passive RF circuits as well as bias networks, DC-DC converters etc. Be familiar with antennas.
- Layout of PCBs.
- Design and debug of RF Transceivers and subsystems
- Development of prototypes and support through to production.
- Create test plans and support Design Verification Testing
- Collaborate with firmware and software engineers during design and verification stages.
- Some programming of test instrumentation and test automation.
- Bachelor or Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering or Physics
- 5 years of experience designing RF/Microwave circuit or components
- Linear/Non-Linear circuit analysis using common simulators as well as PCB design experience with Altium or similar.
- Experience with test equipment such as VNAs, spectrum/signal analyzer, oscilloscopes etc and automation with Python.
- Basic soldering and surface mount assembly ability for PCBs re-work and debug.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.