Software Engineer in Test
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, develop, and extend custom test frameworks and test beds
- Write software that interfaces with Starry hardware, both as a complete system and in test harnesses
- Develop automated scripts in Python to continually improve testing capabilities
- Evaluate product and feature specifications and requirements
- Quantify system reliability, scalability, load, and throughput
- Develop software and services that will enhance efficiency for other software engineers, in all roles described above
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, or other related disciplines.
- Experience with Linux, Python, networking, and bash.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a love of learning.
- Understanding of wireless communications protocols, e.g. 802.11ac/ax (Wi-Fi).
- Experience with source control and defect tracking systems (Github, Jira, etc.)
- Working knowledge of embedded systems and networking concepts, preferably from experience in developing these technologies.
- Familiarity with electronics labs and test equipment.
- Knowledge of languages such as C, C++, and Rust.
- Experience with RF systems and concepts.
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.