Co-Op, Data Analyst
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Our Spring 2023 Co-Op program lasts from Monday, January 9, 2023 to Friday, June 23, 2023. As temporary full-time Starry employees, Co-Ops receive accrued vacation time in addition to paid holidays.
As part of the Data Analytics team, this Co-Op will provide data insight through discovery, modeling, and reporting to assist Starry in improving operational efficiency and success. You will partner closely with business operations stakeholders to solve data requests, develop data models in dbt and LookML, and deliver results through Looker dashboards. The ideal candidate has SQL experience and is excited to learn and expand their data knowledge.
- Develop a deep understanding of business operations to assist stakeholders with data requests and interpreting the results
- Build and upgrade Looker dashboards to track business performance
- Generate analyses through data modeling to find areas of improvement and offer recommendations to business operations stakeholders
- Assist in redevelopment of existing data models to support data consistency and accuracy
- Support the business with solving ad hoc data requests
- Improve personal SQL data modeling, git repository, reporting, and analytic skills
What we’re looking for:
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics or similar quantitative major
- Proficient in SQL
- Experience with a business intelligence reporting tool (Looker, Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Self-starter with a desire to learn and contribute to the organization
- Strong communications skills with the ability to explain findings to technical and non-technical audiences
Location: This co-op is remote eligible, so we encourage students from all over the US to apply!
Starry values providing prospective employees with a fair chance to pursue opportunities. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable Fair Chance ordinance.
For Colorado residents: Pay range of $30.00 to $35.00 hourly. Final hourly pay rate will be based on a variety of factors, including experience, education, and training.
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.