Co-Op, Software Engineer (Node.js)
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Our Spring 2023 Engineering Co-Op program lasts from Monday, January 9, 2023 to Friday, June 23, 2023. As temporary full-time Starry employees, Co-Ops receive accrued vacation time in addition to paid holidays.
Position Overview: You will be responsible for the development of RESTful web services via Node.js, in addition to building diverse networking applications, development tools, internal applications, and third-party API integrations.
- Environment: You should be comfortable with or have a desire to learn Test-Driven Development and Continuous Integration. Unit and integration tests are key to the core development strategy. Exposure to fundamental networking concepts and Docker is a big plus.
- Flexibility, Adaptability: We are a startup and that means that whatever tasks are at hand are the ones that need to be done, sometimes outside our native discipline.
- Eagerness: This is a small enterprise packed with intelligent, motivated people - the opportunities to learn both in CS execution and also in parallel areas - Firmware, Software, Mechanical, etc. are immense. Your potential is not limited by any job description, but only by your desire to expand your horizons!
Location: This co-op can be remote eligible, so we encourage students from all over the US to apply!
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.