Co-Op, Product Management
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Our Spring 2023 Engineering Co-Op program lasts from Monday, January 9, 2023 to Friday, June 23, 2023. As temporary full-time Starry employees, Co-Ops receive accrued vacation time in addition to paid holidays.
You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment while working across the company to design and deliver software that advances Starry’s vision for reinventing internet access in the United States. Reporting to our VP of Product Management, you’ll work on both internal and external initiatives from consumer-facing products to back-end operational systems.
What will I work on?
Responsibilities include gaining a deep understanding of the Starry customer experience and our product strategy, communicating key insights to internal teams, and creating feature proposals and guiding software engineers in executing that strategy.
Recent Co-Ops have built out an alerting system for inclement weather, a new system of synching addresses between internal tools, and simplifying access to key information for Customer Care representatives.
Who should apply?
- Intellectual Curiosity: You love bringing better experiences to your community using technology and are interested in from affordable access to IoT and wearables
- Flexibility and Adaptability: We believe in adding value where the need is greatest, even if that means reaching beyond our comfort zone.
- Eagerness: Starry is a small company packed with intelligent and motivated people – we believe that people of any skill set can add value and don’t rely on formality or bureaucracy to get things done.
- Communication: If you can communicate your ideas clearly verbally or in quick written text messages instead of heavily-produced slide decks, you’ll likely fit in well!
Location: Candidates must be able to be onsite at least once a week in our Boston headquarters (near Downtown Crossing). We also offer housing assistance to those outside the Boston metropolitan area (100 miles), so we encourage students from all over the US to apply!
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.