Co-Op, Electrical Engineer (RF Infrastructure)
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Our Spring 2023 Engineering Co-Op program lasts from Monday, January 9, 2023 to Friday, June 23, 2023 at our Boston, MA headquarters. As temporary full-time Starry employees, Co-Ops receive accrued vacation time in addition to paid holidays. Electrical engineering coops continue to be onsite at our headquarters with COVID-19 precautions in place, but some coops have the option to be fully remote. We will monitor the status of the pandemic through the summer to determine if onsite options will be available for additional roles. We also offer housing assistance to those outside the Boston metropolitan area, so we encourage students from all over the US over to apply!
Position Overview: This is a great co-op for someone who is interested in Analog circuits, RF, and Wireless Communication Systems. This role will be highly design intensive. As a member of the R&D team you will have the opportunity to do the following.
- Design RF circuit boards using Altium
- Use RF simulators to design RF sub circuits like filters, antennas, amplifiers, mixers
- Test and debug your designs using state of the art RF test equipment
- Work on RF system architecture
- Learn about wireless communications
- Be part of important design decisions
- Make meaningful contributions to Starry's radio designs and get the opportunity to see your work be used by customers
Location: Candidates must be able to be onsite full-time in our Boston, MA headquarters. We also offer a monthly housing stipend for candidates from outside the Boston metropolitan area (100 Miles), so we encourage students from all over the US to apply!
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.