Co-Op, Software Engineer in Test
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Our Spring 2023 Engineering Co-Op program lasts from Monday, January 9, 2023 to Friday, June 23, 2022 at our Boston, MA headquarters. As temporary full-time Starry employees, Co-Ops receive accrued vacation time in addition to paid holidays. Software Engineer in Test Co-Ops continue to be onsite at our headquarters with COVID-19 precautions in place. We also offer housing assistance to those outside the Boston metropolitan area, so we encourage students from all over the US to apply!
Software Engineers in Test are involved in the design of each new feature in our products. We participate in each sprint with Firmware, Product Delivery, and other engineering teams. We develop automated regression tests that run against nightly and milestone releases of our system software. Additionally, we leverage our expertise with the product to support engineering, manufacturing, and deployment.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, develop, and extend custom test frameworks and test beds
- Write software that interfaces with Starry hardware, both as a complete system and in test harnesses
- Develop automated scripts in Python to continually improve testing capabilities
- Evaluate product and feature specifications and requirements
- Quantify system reliability, scalability, load and throughput
- Develop software and services that improve efficiency for other validation engineers, in all roles described above
Location: Candidates must be able to be onsite full-time in our Boston, MA headquarters. We also offer a monthly housing stipend for candidates from outside the Boston metropolitan area (100 Miles), so we encourage students from all over the US to apply!
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.