Co-Op, Supply Chain
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Our Spring 2023 Engineering Co-Op program lasts from Monday, January 9, 2023 to Friday, June 9, 2023 at our Boston, MA headquarters. As temporary full-time Starry employees, Co-Ops receive accrued vacation time in addition to paid holidays. Supply Chain Co-ops continue to be onsite at our headquarters with COVID-19 precautions in place, but some co-ops have the option to be fully remote. We will monitor the status of the pandemic through the summer to determine if onsite options will be available for additional roles. We also offer housing assistance to those outside the Boston metropolitan area, so we encourage students from all over the US over to apply!
Position Overview: This is a hands-on Supply Chain learning opportunity. Starry is working on communications equipment (some consumer but mainly capital equipment) where there is a great blend between supply chain, procurement, and product lifecycle management. The role will be part of the Supply Chain team, and as such, highly operations intensive with plenty of learning opportunities. Skills learned on the job include: Inventory Management, 3PL Operation, Import/Export, Compliance, and Procurement. The co-op will have the opportunity to work with deployment and supply chain team members to complete product fulfillment. Responsibilities will include parts procurement, inventory management, 3PL operations, import/export, and compliance.
What you'll be doing:
- Monitor daily order fulfillment for deployment team from 3PL facility
- Domestic and international shipments
- Inventory management: updating inventory reports, purchase order transactions, and updating transportation metrics
- Par Record Maintenance and Updates in NetSuite ERP
- Purchase Order Maintenance: Follow up with vendors on open order status and ensure that Purchase Orders are up to date with the latest status and tracking information
- Provide regular updates to the purchasing team regarding order status
What we're looking for:
Flexibility and Adaptability: We are a startup which means whatever tasks are at hand are the ones that need to be done, sometimes outside our native discipline.
Eagerness: This is a small enterprise packed with intelligent, motivated people - the opportunities to learn the disciplines of supply chain in action in a high-tech environment are immense.
Location: Candidates must be able to be onsite at least once or twice a week in our Boston headquarters (near Downtown Crossing). We also offer housing assistance to those outside the Boston metropolitan area (100 miles), so we encourage students from all over the US to apply!
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.