Senior RF Test Engineer
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
What we're looking for
Starry is looking for a RF Test Engineer to work on our unique consumer facing products. Our ideal candidate will take ownership of production support through the entire product life-cycle – concept, engineering development, verification testing, new product introduction, and production through end of life. You should be proficient using RF testing principles and have an understanding of manufacturing and testing practices.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Developing detailed test plans, test procedures, and test result documents
- Own a product line in terms of yield, yield improvement projects, recommending product and process improvements by analyzing test data
- Creating debug playbooks, supporting the debug team, and automation changes as required
- Automating RF test and measurement setups for developmental and production environments
- Contributing to design engineering reviews to improve test coverage and vertical testability
- Performing ad hoc testing as required
- Supporting RMA testing and debug in order to improve test coverage and product design
- Supporting global manufacturing and integration footprint
- Mentoring junior engineers & technicians and driving long-term direction of the team
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or other related technical degree
- Strong understanding of RF and microwave principles
- Experience with the use of equipment for testing of RF and microwave components
- Proficiency with Python and Linux
- Knowledge of operation of amplifiers, mixers, oscillators, and transceivers
- Capable of designing and documenting overall test strategies or test systems for system, subsystem, and component level testing
- Knowledge and experience using Litepoint or Keysight equipment to test WiFi products
- Experience with hardware integration and testing
- Knowledge of 802.11 WiFi Physical Layer a plus
- Experience releasing a new product from NPI phase to mass production
- Experience with working with Tier 1 EMS or CM
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.