Assistant to the Executive Team
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we are looking for
We are seeking an experienced Executive Assistant to support Starry’s executive management team, and help support the operation of our New York City office. The ideal candidate will have experience working directly with senior executives in a private or public company setting, managing schedules and travel planning; be comfortable interacting with members of a board of directors and interacting with high profile external stakeholders; and experienced at handling confidential and highly sensitive information. They will be highly organized, detail-oriented, extremely professional, an effective communicator, resourceful, responsive, responsible, trustworthy, proactive, and discreet. They will also be flexible in their working hours to accommodate the responsive nature required of the position.
What you will do
- Travel booking support and organization of travel schedules
- Preparation of travel and meeting briefings
- Administrative support and facilitation of board meetings and quarterly earnings calls
- External meeting support with a variety of external stakeholders
- Support for in-office executive team meetings or related events
- Intra-office coordination with other markets and teams, as needed
- Multi-calendar scheduling as needed (but not individual executive support)
- Help coordinate and manage the New York City office, including: helping receive packages and mail, interfacing with building landlord on space-related issues, managing guest access, and generally supporting the organization and functioning of the office
- 5-7 years of executive assistant support to C-level executives, including managing schedules and travel
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and organization
- College degree preferred
- Proficiency with Google Workspace (Gmail, Gcal, Google Docs, etc), Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Slack, Expensify
- Experience working with boards and external stakeholders
- Impeccable references
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.