Senior Financial Analyst
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated, highly analytical individual who is ready to add value to a fast-paced environment. This position will have cross-functional exposure within our rapidly expanding company.
What you’ll do:
- Advanced financial modeling to create robust excel-based multi-scenario models. Independent researching of required data inputs and creation of appropriate outputs based on analysis requirements
- Presenting analysis in excel and powerpoint to senior management
- Establish strong working-relationships with business partners and identify key cross-functional contacts for information
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously, including quickturn ad-hoc projects as needed
- Use cloud-based forecasting and budgeting tool, Adaptive Planning, to provide reporting and insights on a monthly basis
- Assist in the conversion of excel reports to be system (adaptive planning) driven
- Update the Excel-based Budgeting model for the upcoming fiscal year
- Cleaning, organizing, and summarizing detailed data from various sources
- Other tasks to be in support of forecasting, budgeting, scenario analysis, unit economics, trend analysis, business case review, and internal business partnership support.
- 5+ years of experience with a Bachelor’s in Finance, Accounting, or Business Admin required. MBA a plus.
- Advanced modeling experience required. Prior experience in an FP&A role required
- Strong Excel skills required (reference formulas, conditional formulas, pivot tables)
- ERP and BI tool usage required. NetSuite and Adaptive planning experience preferred.
- A strong sense of ownership over work and high level of organization
- Able to demonstrate a high level of drive and work well independently
- Able to work in a very dynamic, fast paced environment
- Proven experience producing accurate, high-quality work under tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of the organization
- Able to work longer hours or weekends, when necessary to meet established deadlines
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.