Systems Integration and Validation Engineer
- SW build verification and regression testing: SIV engineers develop automated regression tests and run them against each major release of our system software.
- HW component characterization and verification: SIV engineers collaborate with the RF, HW and SW teams during development to test the component blocks that comprise our systems.
- Full system validation: SIV engineers develop automated tests to validate system functionality during the prototype and manufacturing stages. This work involves understanding the operation of the complete system in order to be able configure all parameters and execute usage scenarios.
- Investigation of system-level behaviors and issues: Demonstrating all of the skills described above, experienced SIV engineers are unusually qualified to drill down into the entire system in order to find the source of (and often solution to) meaningful problems. This work is often the most critical activity going on in the company.
- Design, develop, execute and automate component-level and system-level tests
- Evaluate test specifications, requirements, strategies and methodologies
- Verify that the solution adheres to system/functional requirements
- Quantify system reliability, scalability, load and throughput
- Develop and improve test automation suites and test harnesses
- Refine software testing methodologies and quality standards
- Communicate test details, result summaries and status or releases
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering or other related discipline
- 3-5 years (or more) in Systems Integration/Validation roles or similar (e.g. Development, QA)
- Proficiency with Python, Networking, Wifi, Bash, Linux
- Experience with source control and defect tracking systems (Github, Jira, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written interpersonal skills
- Experience with an automated system test suite or harness
- Experience with wireless communications protocols and analysis via Wireshark or equivalent
- Experience with C/C++
- Knowledge of IEEE 802.11n/ac/ad/ax, 3G/4G/5G wireless communications standards and protocols
- Experience with electronics and related test equipment (e.g. Oscilloscope)
- Experience with RF systems concepts and related test equipment (e.g. Spectrum Analyzer)
- Inclination to tinker with electronics, e.g. Raspberry PI, custom Android ROMs, etc.
- Outstanding shuffleboard skills a plus
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered lunches every Monday & cocktails on Friday during our weekly company meeting
- Wine, beer, spirits, and snacks always on hand
- Secure bike storage in the building
- Private shower facilities in our office
- Free gym in the building
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Who You Are:
You're an upbeat, creative, fun loving engineer looking for an opportunity in an exciting, fast paced, growing startup. You like working in teams but are also excellent at working on your own. You don't mind asking others for help and you're also happy to help others when they need it. You're a self-motivated engineer who enjoys learning new technologies and languages and loves the challenge of complex problems to solve.
About Starry’s Technology:
Starry is inventing a cohesive system that brings the Internet to your home and distributes it throughout your home -- all wirelessly. We have been selling consumer Wifi products for over a year and we are beginning to deploy wireless Internet systems in Boston with other cities following shortly. We are constantly developing new products and working to optimize the performance and reliability of our existing technology.
About the Systems Integration and Validation Team:
The Systems Integration and Validation team plays a meaningful role in the development of our technology. SIV Engineers provide four main functions:
What You’ll be Doing:
What gets bonus points:
What gets double bonus points:
Starry works hard, so we take care of each other and enjoy ourselves along the way. Check out some of the benefits you’ll enjoy if you join the team:
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.