Territory Development Manager
Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company which values autonomy and creativity. You’ll be able to make an impact from the beginning, as well as to develop your creative ideas. You will be one of the first group of sales professionals helping to launch Starry’s service in Los Angeles. Your work will be highly visible and you will have a major impact on the company’s success in 2018. Our team is tightly-knit, collaborative, and will support your growth. You’ll have numerous opportunities for personal and professional development, including training, mentorship, and even one-on-one problem-solving sessions for your trickiest deals (Rocket Surgeries). TDMs emerge as confident, tech-savvy, discerning professionals with a good understanding of the technology, real estate, and telecommunications industries.
What you'll do:
As Territory Development Manager (TDM), you’ll be responsible for identifying and engaging buildings owners, property managers, and real estate developers in order to support Starry’s nationwide expansion to new property portfolios. This is a customer-facing role with a clear focus on results and individual responsibility for achieving sales targets each quarter. Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Achieving and exceeding sales targets
- Prospecting and research
- Strategic outreach (emails, calls, and in-person visits)
- Building and nurturing business relationships
- Managing a funnel of opportunities
- Overall project management
A great TDM is:
Results-driven: enjoys setting goals and smashing through them, has demonstrated extraordinary success in previous endeavors, and is motivated by challenges
Autonomous: self-motivated, scrappy and able to deal with the ambiguity typical of an early-stage company
Resilient: not afraid of rejection and able to handle external pressure with equanimity
Emotionally intelligent: a confident and empathetic communicator
Curious: embraces opportunities to learn from peers and mentors, proactively seeks feedback, and is obsessed with growth and development
Creative: feels energized by new problems to solve and loves implementing new ideas quickly and with limited resources
- Evidenced success in a professional field
- Experience in customer-facing roles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
Bonus points if..
- You have experience selling into the Multi-Dwelling Unit, Property Management or Real Estate Industry
- You have a proven ability to navigate the ambiguity inherent in the early stage development of products and services as well as a rapidly changing digital landscape
- You have passionate feelings about Starry and our mission
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We offer:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Life insurance and short & long term disability insurances with no employee contribution required
- Breakfast on Monday during our weekly company meeting
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.