Project Manager, Wireless Products
Who You Are:
You love working on huge ideas and collaborating with teams to bring them to life. You have a passion for encouraging teams to perform to their fullest potential, to set and attain goals, and to build a quality product, all while maintaining a sense of humor. You have worked in the consumer electronics field before, and have a solid background handling large, complex projects ranging in project cost from > $2mm.
If you have been looking for a team to work with that is comprised of intelligent individuals from various backgrounds, who take initiative and use creative ways to quickly bring products to market, then Starry is your new home.
What You’ll Do:
In this role, you will drive R&D projects from inception to transfer to manufacturing, and will coordinate with all functional areas including RF engineering, mechanical, embedded software, industrial design, systems integration testing, and supply, and continue into full lifecycle management.
Collaborating with the Sr. Manager of the Program Office, you will help project teams succeed in delivering strategic initiatives, as part of organization-wide programs.
- Drive integrated software and hardware projects by planning, executing and maintaining project management processes in the areas of project timeline, resource management, quality management, communications management, risk/issue management, and change management
- Lead project teams in both Waterfall and Agile methodologies, ensuring alignment to schedules, costs and testing plans
- Facilitate daily cross-disciplinary communication, including product brainstorming sessions, knowledge sharing, and team risk mitigation planning
- Establish a cadence of deliverables from project team members that will culminate in completed, tested requirements and deployed solutions
- A Bachelor’s Degree with a preferred focus in a technical field or technical communications, or with a minimum of 2 years experience leading consumer electronic devices projects
- 3+ years of project management experience using Agile and Waterfall methods, and you can explain how you've effectively used both in a single project.
- Experience leading hardware projects with embedded software
- Ability to understand the big picture, and to forecast how details will effect big-picture outcomes
- A servant-leader approach to Project Management
Bonus points if...
- You have passionate feelings about Starry and our mission
- You enjoy investigating new ways to make your projects more efficient, and are flexible enough to abandon processes that don't work
- You continue to strive for your own professional development
- Your shuffleboard skills are extraordinary
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered lunches every Monday & cocktails on Friday during our weekly company meeting
- Wine, beer, spirits, and snacks always on hand
- Secure bike storage in the building
- Private shower facilities in our office
- Free gym in the building
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.