Technical Project Manager
Starry is looking for a tech-savvy Project Manager who will excel in helping to redefine how users access the internet. You will act as the face of Starry Internet Services to both building owners and internet users, and be responsible for driving our technical infrastructure projects by leveraging your knowledge of formal project management methodologies.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will help project teams achieve success on delivering large scale initiatives. You will be responsible for managing stakeholder expectations and gathering project requirements from parties both inside and outside of the company. Our ideal candidate also has experience in creating and executing project plans, cost and ROI models, defining and controlling project scope, as well as formulating and tracking project schedules.
- Execute and maintain project management processes in the areas of project schedule, quality management, communications management, risk/issue management, and change management
- Develop and maintain project schedules, Statements of Work, Bill of Materials, cost, ROI, IRR, and calendars with the input and assistance of technical leads
- Oversee quality of site construction and commissioning process, requiring hands-on hardware knowledge of network equipment to perform end-to-end testing
- Engineer, configure and assist with the deployment of Cisco routers, switches, and other network infrastructure devices
- Monitor, diagnose, and troubleshoot network-related problems that result in outages and then take appropriate steps to repair and restore services
- Facilitate team meetings, providing meeting minutes and action items where needed
- Build strong communication channels with internal stakeholders in various departments: Engineering, Operations, Sales, Marketing, and Business Development
- Track tasks assigned to the project team and prepare regular status reports
- Responsible for tracking project changes and producing updated schedules
- Influence continuous improvement of project management methodologies including: assessment of project delivery capabilities, gathering and reporting performance metrics, establishing corresponding targets, and measurement of on-going progress
- Identify and manage interdependencies between applications, platforms, services, and environments
- Ensure smooth communication within the project team and other cross-functional teams
- Interface with external stakeholders and manage stakeholder expectations as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Technology or related, or equivalent work experience
- 5 years of experience in a technology or internet-oriented project management role
- Technology expertise: telecommunications, infrastructure cabling, wireless, Layer 2 and 3 technologies, Ethernet, IP Transit, Wi-Fi, structure, and building architecture
- Experience in process and implementation management in a technology company
- Strong communicator and influencer with a track record of delivering on-time concurrent projects
- Experience in SalesForce
- MUST be hands-on and able to roll up their sleeves
- Prior customer-facing experience is highly desired
- Comfortable working in a small team or startup, and sometimes ambiguous or fluid environments
- PMI certification a plus, Scrum Master certification desired
- Outstanding shuffleboard skills a plus
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.