Senior Art Director
Starry is reinventing how people connect to the internet. Instead of relying on outdated wires, we beam blazing fast internet through the air directly to people’s homes. We make everything about the experience better with one simple plan: a sophisticated home router and no bloated bundles, all for just $50 a month. We’re committed to a better internet, and we want to find someone who thinks that’s as awesome as we do.
About the role:
We’re looking for a Senior Art Director (5+ years) to join our growing creative team. In this role, you’ll come up with bold campaigns and have the technical design chops required to produce them. You’ll have experience working with copywriters, project managers, developers, and production resources to concept and create brand campaigns that include video, OOH, online, and printed media. You will oversee your projects from concept to completion – developing directions, presenting work, and ensuring it’s executed flawlessly and on time.
Who you are:
You’re a strategic thinker and capable of breaking complex problems down into dead simple, engaging stories and experiences. You enjoy having your hands on several things at once, coming up with multiple concepts, and creating work that pushes creative boundaries. You have a background in visual communication and conceptual creative work, a sophisticated eye for detail, and a mix of creative and technical skills. Lastly, you speak internet. When there’s a new design trend, app or meme, you’re the first to know.
What you’ll do:
- Develop creative concepts and designs for a variety of campaigns, across a broad range of platforms–including advertising, video, grassroot marketing, product, social, and digital.
- Collaborate with copywriters and teammates to translate strategy into smart product marketing that incites action.
- Create production-ready designs for print, video, and digital applications.
- Present and defend work to colleagues.
- Source and direct external resources including illustrators, photographers, directors, and vendors to ensure production is seamless and meets expectations.
- Mentor teammates and assist in creative recruiting.
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years experience agency, in house, or otherwise
- An excellent portfolio that demonstrates communication and core design skills across digital, print, and video formats
- Demonstrated mastery of Adobe Creative Suite
- Basic animation, photography, and editing skills a must
- Excellent organizational, communication, and leadership skills
- Ability to create work with minimal supervision and present ideas in a cohesive manner to creative directors and management team
- Enthusiasm for the digital design industry and technology at large.
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered lunches every Monday & cocktails on Friday during our weekly company meeting
- Wine, beer, spirits, and snacks always on hand
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, with incredible ambition to build new markets, and new products and services. At Starry, autonomy and creativity are rewarded; you’ll have control of your own time and the opportunity to develop your ideas and initiatives. Our diverse team is tightly-knit, highly collaborative, and very driven.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.