Senior Director of Network Deployment
About Starry’s Technology:
Starry is inventing a cohesive system that brings the Internet to your home and distributes it throughout your home -- all wirelessly. We have been selling consumer Wifi products for over a year and we are beginning to deploy wireless Internet systems in Boston with other cities following shortly. We are constantly developing new products and working to optimize the performance and reliability of our existing technology.
Starry designs, builds and operates wireless and wired networks for single-family units, multi-dwelling units (MDU) and enterprises. We are looking for a hands-on Sr. Director of Network Deployment. In this position, you will build and lead a team of professionals who design, estimate, construct and support wireless, in-building structural wired and WiFi networks for our MDU and enterprise applications. Your team will be responsible for developing and running a network of third-party contractors across the United States including contract negotiation, management, acceptance and quality control.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Develop and lead a team of project management and construction professionals to design, construct, run and commission in-building networks
- Source and lead a team of outside contractors
- Provide a world-class experience for our clients: landlords, condominium boards and enterprises
- Hire, train and groom our in-house professionals to excel in their fields and improve our organizational capability
- Establish healthy relationships, negotiate contracts, and enable fulfillment of service with outside partners
- Enthusiastically and tirelessly advocate for Starry’s mission
- Work with sales/business development to quickly qualify and estimate costs in order to enable rapid service launch
- Collaborate with RF Network Design and Network Operations to ensure uneventful and satisfying service initiation
- Provide hands-on management of the most complex projects: leading by personally taking on any difficult problems
- Based in New York and willing to travel up to 35%
- Mentor and coach of members of staff, setting goals and effective checkpoints
- Moderate physical activity to fulfill operational goals
- Additional duties as required
- BS in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- 10 years or more experience with an internet service provider with in-building low voltage construction experience OR 5 years or more in DAS construction
- CCNP or equivalent experience
- Experience with networking and routing
- Proven optimistic and enthusiastic leadership style
- 5 years or more of indefatigable field leadership
- Certified Project Management Professional
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Real passion for Starry’s business
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the position such as bustling about, standing, bending, or sitting for the duration of your shift
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds
Starry works hard, so we take care of each other and enjoy ourselves along the way. Check out some of the benefits you’ll enjoy if you join the team:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Life insurance and short & long term disability insurances with no employee contribution required
- Catered lunches every Monday & drinks on Friday during our weekly company meeting
- Wine, beer, and snacks always on hand
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.