We love coming up with huge ideas and figuring out ways to bring them to life. Our team spans RF engineering, hardware architecture, firmware, UX, UI, software, industrial design, marketing, branding, and communications. And one thing we all share is an intense desire to make something beautiful. Something that makes a real dent.
Starry is reinventing how people connect to and experience the internet. Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, with incredible ambition to build new markets, and new products and services. At Starry, autonomy and creativity are rewarded; you’ll have control of your own time and the opportunity to develop your ideas and initiatives. The team is tightly-knit, highly collaborative, and very driven.
What you’ll be doing:
- Own data infrastructure and security as we continue to leverage and integrate new data sources across the business
- Iterate on our data warehousing strategy as the volume of our data increases, optimizing for data availability and efficient use of resources
- Architect and engineer tools to monitor the flow and quality of data moving through our data pipeline
- Continue to build out our ETL system to move data across a variety of different data sources and endpoints
- Work with analytics team to adjust their data model as needed to improve the performance of reports and common queries
- Be instrumental in the design and build out of our big data strategy as the volume of our data increases
- BS or MS in Computer Science
- Strong experience with both AWS Redshift and NoSQL databases such as MongoDB
- Experienced in building systems with the complexities of integrating with third parties
- Expert in Python and is ready to pick up other languages as the situation requires
- Experienced with big data processing tools
- Proficiency in Node.js a plus
We work hard, so we take care of our team members and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered lunches every Monday & cocktails on Friday during our weekly company meeting
- Wine, beer, spirits, and snacks always on hand
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.