Market Operations Manager
Starry is reinventing how people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things �� first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, with incredible ambition to build new markets, and new products and services. At Starry, autonomy and creativity are rewarded; you’ll have control of your own time and the opportunity to develop your ideas and initiatives. Our team is tightly-knit, highly collaborative, and very driven.
What you’ll do:
As Market Operations Manager, Boston, you will manage and build Starry Internet in Boston. You will be responsible for all local operational aspects of the business, including design, construction, installation, marketing, sales, and customer care. You will collaborate closely with Starry’s engineering and product team, to communicate market feedback on new features and advocate for new operations that will improve service levels and ability to scale. You will work at leveraging our company values in our market and drive growth for Starry Internet.
You will be responsible for setting up operational structures and systems to manage the business, from budgeting through to materials sourcing. You will have the P&L responsibility of the business in Boston.
You will work with our other teams to take on Boston and build out Starry Internet. You will leverage established playbooks and also create new ones. You’ll work to initiate a sales program which will drive our Multi Dwelling Unit partnership growth and Starry Internet’s installation and roll out. You’ll also build demand generation programs and drive subscriber acquisition growth for Boston. You possess an entrepreneurial mindset and are self-motivated, self-directed, and able to take ownership of ambiguous tasks to ensure success.
As General Manager, you will lead the management of key business partnerships with vendors, municipal and city government stakeholders, and deployment contractors as well as Starry’s building and property management partners.
- MS/MBA or BA/BS degree with equivalent practical experience
- 8-10 years of team leadership experience including identifying talent and fostering growth as well as relevant work experience in operations, strategy, P&L, and growing a business
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively track and communicate learnings, progress, and performance to provide recommendations cross-functionally with members of Leadership team
- Keen problem solving skills; diagnosing issues in a data-driven manner, identifying the root cause, and implementing solutions
- Experience working closely with Leadership to identify opportunities and deliver on service, profitability, and growth expectations
- Ability to take existing team learnings and refine them into a repeatable and scalable process for Boston and other markets when applicable
- Ability to lead a culture of safety using systems of accountability and recognition
- A proven track record of driving growth for a service business
- Excellent analytical and data-based decision-making skills
Bonus points if..
- You have prior experience working with cable or mobile consumer businesses
- You hold PMP certification
- You have passionate feelings about Starry and our mission
We work hard, so we take care of our team members and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Life insurance and short & long term disability insurances with no employee contribution required
- Catered lunches every Monday & drinks during our monthly company meeting
- Wine, beer, and snacks always on hand
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.