Starry Expert - Customer Support Representative
We love coming up with huge ideas and figuring out ways to bring them to life. Our team spans RF engineering, hardware architecture, firmware, UX, UI, software, industrial design, marketing, branding, and communications. And one thing we all share is an intense desire to make something beautiful. Something that makes a real dent.
This position is full time and work from home; however, you must be based in one of the following areas: California, Massachusetts, New York state, or Washington D.C.. As a Starry Expert, you’ll be responsible for managing customer initiated and proactive support interactions with Starry Internet customers.
Who You Are:
- You have excellent customer service skills including clear, concise written and verbal communication.
- You work quickly, independently, and with great attention to detail.
- You are committed to providing a consistently high level of support, going above and beyond in each interaction you have with a Starry customer
- You care deeply about representing our brand and leaving a positive impression with the customers you support.
- You have strong analytical and organizational skills
What You'll Do:
- Respond to customer emails, phone calls, and live chats related to Starry Station and Starry Internet setup, features, and advanced networking settings
- Identify, investigate, and resolve device and network specific issues: think everything from helping get a wireless printer connected to making sure there’s no interruptions when streaming or gaming
- Escalate technical issues through appropriate channels as necessary
- Track user concerns and feedback to ensure customer resolution/satisfaction
- 1+ years of help desk or troubleshooting customer service experience working with hardware, complex technical services, or for a SaaS company or an IT environment
- Ability to work from home in a quiet, dedicated space
Bonus Points if…
- You've worked at an Internet Service Provider and constantly wanted to tear all the systems you used apart and build something better
- You're familiar with Zendesk
- You love new technology, IoT, and have a large library of devices in your home
- You are a bilingual Spanish speaker
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered lunches every Monday & cocktails on Friday during our weekly company meeting
- Wine, beer, spirits, and snacks always on hand
- Groups for travel, music, skiing, biking, running, climbing, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.