Dispatch Manager - National Lead
Starry is reinventing how people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, with incredible ambition to build new markets, and new products and services. At Starry, autonomy and creativity are rewarded; you’ll have control of your own time and the opportunity to develop your ideas and initiatives. Our team is tightly-knit, highly collaborative, and very driven. We value each other’s contributions and we don’t hire jerks.
Who you are:
- You have great judgment and an ability to work independently in a fast-paced startup environment
- You have an extraordinary ability to multitask
- You’re extremely process-oriented and love using your organizing skills to help teams run more efficiently
- You have a strong background in Operations roles with a demonstrated level of increasing responsibility throughout your career
What you'll do:
- Manage the flow of information and implementation of processes to & from individual market Dispatchers into centralized database that supports the work of the Starry Experts team as it relates to scheduling and Dispatch related tickets
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of troubleshooting flows and product documentation
- In conjunction with Product Management and Cloud Operations teams, assist with product upgrades, implementation of new features, and enhancement requests for Dispatch related tools and services
- Ensure that all local Dispatchers have the proper training and knowledge to effectively complete their tasks
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures for Dispatchers in individual markets
- Ensure that local Dispatch teams are acting with a customer first philosophy at all times by collaborating with localized market General Managers and Field Operations teams
- Assist in the hiring process and training of local Dispatchers in all new markets
- Develop metrics and compile and monitor national reporting for Field Operations work such as on-time, reschedule, and CSAT data for all physical, customer-facing work
- Work closely with the Director of Customer Care to ensure all customer communication expectations are met and the Support team is aware of any issues in any markets that would affect their standard duties
- Work closely with the Development team to optimize our internal and external tools
- Several years experience in Dispatch or an Operations Management role that required process iteration and management of remote/localized teams
- Demonstrated leadership/administration of a large workforce management system
Bonus points if…
- You've worked at an Internet Service Provider and constantly wanted to tear all the systems you used apart and build something better
- You are familiar with Zendesk and/or Dispatch specific SaaS platforms
Please note: This position can be remote or based in our New York or Boston offices. At this time, we are able to hire remote employees in California, Massachusetts, New York and Washington D.C.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.