Director, National Network Operations
Starry is reinventing how people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, with incredible ambition to build new markets, and new products and services. At Starry, autonomy and creativity are rewarded; you’ll have control of your own time and the opportunity to develop your ideas and initiatives. Our team is tightly-knit, highly collaborative, and very driven. We value each other’s contributions and we don’t hire jerks.
Who we’re looking for:
Starry is seeking an experienced Network Operations leader to join our rapidly growing organization. You will build out a team to deploy, manage, and operate our fiber, wireless backhaul, routing, and IP transit assets for national and regional backhaul network. Starry prides itself in managing the entire customer experience for internet delivery to the end user, from the consumer friendly Starry Station Dual Band 802.11ac router which was designed in-house to custom networking equipment allowing us to deliver gigabit speeds over existing in-home cabling. We have custom in-house designed point to multipoint wireless system for the last-mile delivery of gigabit capable wireless from a pre-5G system to a residential dwelling.
This position holds the responsibility to ensure the continuity of the bits to flow from one end to another, without restriction, and ensure restoration of service service as quickly as possible when an issue does occur. The ideal candidate will have had success building and operating complex data communication systems from greenfield to operations from large capacity networks (preferably in the areas of content/CDN or residential or business internet).
What you’ll do:
- Construction, operation, maintenance, and growth of Starry backbone network, including datacenter fiber-hub deployments in carrier hotels, IP transit, and long-haul and metro fiber transport (ending at a MPLS PE switch at each base station site)
- Coordinate with the in-market teams and review costs, performance, and utilization growth for backbone expansion
- Publish and maintain the configuration and deployment standards for MDU-based equipment, establish a balance between cost and supportability, and ensure consistency between markets
- Deploy and maintain centralized tools for configuration management, availability, and performance monitoring of each market’s MDU networks
- Test, approve, and deploy firmware upgrades for the MDU equipment, and maintain the list of required firmware versions for new deployments
- Work with the General Manager in each market to source new off the shelf solutions for design problems in the field, and integrate these new solutions into the standards used by all markets
- Direct an existing tier-2 support team that is currently responsible for 24/7/365 network monitoring and outage response
- Build a new tier-3 network operations team to respond to network outages as escalated by the tier-2 team
- Configure, document, and operate the Starry MPLS backbone, which involves a leased-wave long-haul network between cities, a pair of fiber POP’s in each market, and a dark fiber DWDM network inside each market
- Provide design assistance on an as-needed basis for each market network deployment team for complex designs, or designs which interface with the MPLS backbone
- Work with the executive management team to track critical user network experience and performance KPI’s, find root cause to issues, and resolve them, on a weekly iteration.
- Work with the Starry engineering team to qualify new products and software releases, and enhance the operational capabilities of its products
- Work with Starry Cloud Operations Engineering to develop and deploy new tools as needed for monitoring, management, and data collection of deployed equipment
- Work with network service and equipment vendors as needed to operate the starry network, while increasing in-house management of the network as the Network Operations team grows
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related engineering technical field, or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years experience in design and operation of high capacity networks (carrier or content provider background preferred) providing direct internet access to customers
- Experience with operating a network of dozens of 10Gbps+ circuits and working with the service providers who operate these circuits, including debugging outages and circuit bring-up issues (carrier, cross connect, MTU, transceiver mismatch, etc.)
- Experience with BGP and ipv6 required; must have operated a network with full internet routing tables in the past
- Experience with carrier grade hardware such as Cisco ASR, Juniper MX, or Brocade MLXe required. Experience with customer edge products such as Cisco Catalyst/Nexus, Juniper EX, etc. also preferred
- Experience with dark fiber circuits (long range metro optics, CWDM and DWDM wavelength planning) and debugging (optical light meter, OTDR output) required
- Experience with MPLS or other large scale network (SDN etc) solutions required
- Experience with equipment vendor and VAR selection, negotiation, and project management for networking equipment (routers/switches/etc)
- Comfortable working in a small team or startup, and sometimes ambiguous or fluid environments
- Ability to develop new and nontraditional solutions that leverage multiple technologies and methodologies (point to point and point to multipoint wireless, dark fiber, lit circuits)
- Experience with Linux embedded system and/or server administration
- CCNP or higher or equivalent experience required
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.