Android Engineer- Kotlin
Who You Are:
Starry is seeking a mid-senior level android engineer to join our growing team. You have a deep understanding of Java, but want to gain experience writing Kotlin code. You like working on a team but are also excellent at working on your own. You don't mind asking others for help and you're also happy to help others when they need it. You're a self-motivated developer who enjoys learning new technologies and languages and loves the challenge of solving complex problems.
Who We Are:
We're a technology startup working on developing and deploying the next generation wireless ISP and/or Wifi product sets. The Android team enjoys sharing knowledge on the latest Android news, patterns, and libraries. We love tinkering with the latest and greatest in the Android ecosystem and our mobile app is 100% Kotlin.
What You’ll Do:
You live and breathe everything Android, and have at least three years experience building high-quality apps. Deep understanding of Android application architecture. Strong understanding of user interfaces. Love to develop creative and efficient solutions for problems.
You get points for:
- 3+ years of experience writing code in an agile environment
- Published android applications on Google Play
- Experience writing unit tests
- Familiarity with RxJava
- Familiarity with Kotlin
You get double points for:
- Real time development and debugging skills
- Actively contributing to open source projects on Git Hub
- A drive to learn new languages and technologies
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered lunches every Monday & cocktails on Friday during our weekly company meeting
- Wine, beer, spirits, and snacks always on hand
- Secure bike storage in the building
- Private shower facilities in our office
- Free gym in the building
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.