Starry is reinventing how people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, and working here you’ll be able to see your direct impact. At Starry, we reward autonomy and creativity; you’ll have the opportunity to develop your ideas. Our team is hard working, fast and collaborative and we encourage working on personal growth. There will be many opportunities to work with other departments and you’ll be able to interact with some incredibly talented people.
Who we’re looking for:
The Buyer/Planner is responsible for purchasing externally sourced equipment, parts, and accessories, while focusing on on-time delivery, inventory optimization, cost reductions, and order fulfillment. This position will also support Starry’s order fulfillment operations leveraging its 3PL distribution network, ensuring that the right parts and services are delivered to internal and external customers on-time and on budget. In addition, the Buyer/Planner will play a lead role in vendor management including monitoring supplier delivery performance, shipment logistics, packaging configuration, and part identification.
What you’ll do:
- Purchase equipment, parts and accessories or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets to meet company objectives
- Create requisitions/POs; analyze each item for quantity, specifications, and delivery requirements
- Communicate and coordinate with vendors to ensure continuous supply of product
- Process Return Material Authorizations (RMAs)
- Review/approve invoices and contact suppliers to resolve issues
- Identify best sources for goods and services through issuance of RFQs/RFPs and then evaluate vendors on the basis of total cost of ownership; cost, quality, delivery and service.
- Drive cost reductions through vendor negotiation and the identification of alternative sources of supply
- Participate in supplier selection, qualification, and evaluation for new and current suppliers.
- Support the development of purchasing specifications by analyzing technical data and compiling company requirements
- Determine appropriate inventory replenishment parameters and safety stock levels for assigned products using planning techniques and tools including MRP and MS Excel (planning spreadsheets) to prepare supply plans based on inventory targets
- Maintain planning & master data parameters (i.e. MOQ, Lead Times, Order Frequency) in ERP system
- Work closely with Supply Chain and 3PL partners to provide accurate part availability information to meet customer shipping and delivery requirements
- Support Supply Chain Team to ensure orders have been processed successfully in Starry’s ERP/EDI System and at Starry’s 3PL. Monitor shipments from the 3PL and ensure orders are shipping within required SLAs.
- Prepare reports as required by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends
- Collaborate with Deployment, Project Managers and Engineering teams to ensure best practices and greatest leverage in supplier management, procurement, low cost region sourcing, and order fulfillment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Business, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience is required; APICS certification preferred
- 2+ years relevant operations experience within supply chain, planning or logistics (7+ years for Senior level)
- Must have hands-on experience working with an ERP System; NetSuite user experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication, analytical and problem-solving skills; proficiency in Mandarin a plus
- Solid understanding of supply chain fundamentals, operations, finance, and inventory management
- Strong negotiation skills, ability to collaborate cross-functionally, and attention to detail
- Knowledge of purchasing and inventory planning procedures and policies
- Be open and flexible to changes and make constructive suggestions for improvement
- Ability to prioritize in a fast paced and demanding environment
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered lunches every Monday & cocktails on Friday during our weekly company meeting
- Wine, beer, spirits, and snacks always on hand
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.