Starry is reinventing how people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, with incredible ambition to build new markets, and new products and services. At Starry, autonomy and creativity are rewarded; you’ll have control of your own time and the opportunity to develop your ideas and initiatives. Our team is tightly-knit, highly collaborative, and very driven. We value each other’s contributions and we don’t hire jerks.
Who we’re looking for:
Starry is seeking a Warehouse Manager to join our growing team. You will be responsible for ordering materials, including: radios, cables, wiring, SFPs, GAMS, switches, fittings, etc. In addition to ordering equipment, you will also be responsible for tracking the Starry equipment inventory from purchase to placement in the field (i.e., tracking equipment and materials issued from the warehouse to the technician, and ultimately to the building). You will perform cycle counts with the technicians to ensure all equipment is properly accounted for.
As Warehouse Manager you will have the additional responsibility to oversee racking, stacking, and provisioning of equipment (radios, switches, and GAMS), as well as testing said equipment. Over time you will perfect this provisioning process to minimize installation intervals for the technicians and company. The goal is for you to prep the Implementation Technicians for the job site with a fully functioning rack of equipment, so he/she can quickly complete a building installation. Because of your expertise, you will also provide training to Field Technicians, so they can provision in the field as required.
You must have a thorough understanding of min/max levels, lead times, and forecasting so that you can keep the operation completing work with minimal interruptions due to shortage of materials.
Prior wireless radio and/or ethernet network materials management is a plus. You must demonstrate the desire and ability to quickly grasp new quickly.
You must demonstrate practical knowledge of inventory software. Prior experience with NetSuite is a plus.
What you’ll do:
- Purchase, inventory, issue, and track all materials for the local team
- Perform cycle counts to ensure levels on hand are correct and verify all equipment is accounted for properly
- Oversee RMA and warranty work
- Oversee the process of cleaning returned equipment and making it available to return to the field
- You will demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills with all team members and support them to be successful
- You will perform your work in a professional manner
- You will work closely with all teams to ensure their materials requirements are met
- You will strive to perform work quickly, accurately, and cost effectively and teach future staff to share these same quidding principals
Experience and Skills Required:
- 2-5 years of hands-on experience in all aspects of warehousing, including: purchasing, inventory management systems, cycle counts, min/max levels, inventory turnover
- Experience with wireless system deployments (PMP, PTP, mobile)
- Comfortable working in a small team or startup, and sometimes ambiguous or fluid environments
- Proven team player with a desire to excel
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the position such as: squatting, standing and bending for duration of shift, and lifting equipment as needed (up to 60 lbs)
Additional Beneficial Experience May Include:
- Understanding of RF propagation theory is a plus
- Limited experience with RF planning tool outputs (Siradel, Atoll, Planet, or IBwave) and GIS tools (MapInfo or ArcView)
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.