Starry is reinventing how people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, simple user experience, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, with incredible ambition to build new markets, and new products and services. At Starry, autonomy and creativity are rewarded; you’ll have control of your own time and the opportunity to develop your ideas and initiatives. Our team is tightly-knit, highly collaborative, and very driven.
Who we’re looking for:
Starry’s Corporate Trainer will be responsible for creating and maintaining training programs in our multiple departments and disciplines. From safety to engineering, you’ll be able to quickly understand how we operate and create a plan to propagate historical knowledge. Our ideal candidate will be able to dig in quickly and add value. You will have cross-functional exposure within our rapidly expanding company and you should enjoy working with a variety of people. Travel to our other markets will be needed, less than 20%.
What you’ll do:
- Liaise with managers to determine their training needs
- Design leader and participant guides, job aids, training curriculum, and other required coursework that is clear, concise, and accurate
- Schedule, perform and track training sessions
- Conduct comprehensive needs analysis to ensure that training fulfills the needs and objectives of the company
- Monitor employee performance and response to completed training
- At least 3-5 years experience as a corporate trainer, preferably in an engineering based start-up or high growth environment
- Understanding of effective teaching methodologies and tools
- Willingness to keep abreast of new techniques and technologies in corporate teaching
- Proficient in G-Suite (esp. Google Slides); or an alternative e-learning software
- Phenomenal communication, presentation and public speaking skills
- Organizational and time management abilities
- Critical thinking and decision making
Bonus points for:
- Exposure to safety and OSHA training
- Experience with an ISP or WISP
- You have passionate feelings about Starry and our mission
- Certifications (e.g. CPLP)
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered lunches every Monday & cocktails on Friday during our weekly company meeting
- Wine, beer, spirits, and snacks always on hand
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.