- Set up our new hires: arrange their seating space, outfit them in Starry gear, and get them situated with their hardware and with our corporate Human Resources
- Assist with scheduling interviews and greeting candidates
- Facilitate weekly company lunches and Friday afternoon wrap ups
- Maintain inventory for kitchen, supply cabinets, and print areas
- Greet visitors, offer refreshments, and alert appropriate co-workers of their arrival
- Sign for and distribute incoming mail & packages
- Work with building Superintendent to maintain and enforce city and building safety regulations (i.e. fire codes, evacuation plans, etc.)
- Assist as needed with shipping and receiving logistics
- Help coordinate both in-office and off-site events & gatherings
- Various administrative tasks such as local fleet management
- Support the New York General Manager
- Special projects as necessary
- 3-5 years of facilities and office management experience in a very busy office
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail is an absolute must
- Ability to bustle about, bend, squat and lift up to 30 pounds
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Able to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Your prior experience includes time spent in a high growth start-up
- You’re experienced in office moves
- You’re familiar with applicant tracking systems
- You’ve worked with the Google suite
- You have passionate feelings about Starry and our mission
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered lunches every Monday & cocktails on Friday during our weekly company meeting
- Wine, beer, spirits, and snacks always on hand
Starry is reinventing how people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, and working here you’ll be able to see your direct impact. At Starry, we reward autonomy and creativity; you’ll have the opportunity to develop your ideas. Our team is hard working, fast and collaborative and we encourage working on personal growth. There will be many opportunities to work with other departments and you’ll be able to interact with some incredibly talented people.
As Starry’s Boston Market Office Manager, you’ll play an essential role in shaping the feel of our daily operations. Working directly with the Boston General Manager, you will assist with all the daily activities of the office. You’ll also work very closely with the team at our headquarters. Our ideal candidate is a positive, self starter who has a particular attention to detail, is keen on multitasking, and likes to keep things clean and orderly. Normal working hours are from 8:30a - 5:30p, but flexibility is required for occasional company or client events.
Who we’re looking for:
Organized: strong prioritization skills with an affinity for multitasking and the details
Reliable: responsive, available, and present
Self-motivated: always looking for ways to do something better; forward thinking planner
Autonomous: self-motivated, scrappy, and able to deal with the ambiguity typical of an early-stage company
Quick: whip smart and able to pick up knowledge on-the-go; you know hustle
What you’ll do:
Bonus Points If..
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.