Marketing Manager, New York
We love coming up with huge ideas and figuring out ways to bring them to life. Our team spans RF engineering, hardware architecture, firmware, UX, UI, software, industrial design, marketing, branding, and communications. And one thing we all share is an intense desire to make something beautiful. Something that makes a real dent.
Starry is reinventing how people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, with incredible ambition to build new markets, and new products and services. At Starry, autonomy and creativity are rewarded; you’ll have control of your own time and the opportunity to develop your ideas and initiatives. Our team is tightly-knit, highly collaborative, and very driven.
Who we’re looking for:
Starry is seeking a Marketing Manager for our New York City market. You’ll be acquiring new subscribers through local marketing channels as well as marketing to our existing subscriber base. Our ideal candidate will enjoy working collaboratively with other teams, including Sales and Creative, to ensure business objectives are met.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing in New York, you will contribute to the success of our brand by driving the adoption of Starry Internet throughout New York City. Our ideal candidate is a positive self-starter who is confident, creative and well spoken.
Quick: whip smart and able to pick up knowledge on-the-go, you know hustle
Positive: sunny outlook and full of enthusiasm for events and people
Communicator: able to speak and write effectively and with recognition of timeliness
Organized: strong prioritization skills with an affinity for multitasking and the details
What you’ll do:
- Manage the strategy and execution of the acquisition marketing program for the New York market
- Define objective and messaging for field marketing events, and see events through from inception to execution
- Optimize hyper-local marketing programs with a focus on measurable performance
- Effectively communicate brand messaging to consumers, property managers, and stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with internal teams and external vendors to achieve acquisition results
- Analyze and report on all marketing activity to assess effectiveness and implement best practices
- Research and manage local partnerships that will drive new subscribers and brand recognition
- Manage relationships with local publications, press and agencies
- Travel throughout the market and be available to work some night and weekend events
- BA or BS degree required
- 4-6 years of relevant experience; field marketing or event experience preferred
- Performance oriented field and/or local marketing background
- Ability to communicate effectively to business stakeholders, team and partners
- Enthusiasm for new technology and the internet space
- Experience with a high growth startup
- Outstanding shuffleboard skills a plus
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered lunches every Monday & cocktails on Friday during our weekly company meeting
- Wine, beer, spirits, and snacks always on hand
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.