Director of Customer Success
Starry is reinventing how people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, simple user experience, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
Why you’ll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, and working here you’ll be able to make an impact from the beginning. At Starry, autonomy and creativity are rewarded; you’ll have control of your own schedule and the opportunity to develop your creative ideas. The team is tightly-knit and collaborative, and you’ll have numerous opportunities for personal growth, including training, mentorship, and even one-on-one problem-solving sessions. There will be many opportunities to collaborate with other departments and you’ll be able to interact with incredibly talented people.
As Director of Customer Success, you will lead and guide a team that handles the customer interactions for the subscribers of Starry. The sales journey and their responsibilities start with working with the technical team in securing dwellings (building the funnel of potential subscribers) all the way to making sure that Starry services are expanding and being retained by its subscribers. The three main functions will be:
- Sales: Build a sales team and secure agreements with properties able to be served. This includes building a sales plan, hiring and motivating a team of sales professionals, and meeting the sales targets for the market.
- Marketing: Build the Starry brand through events, partnerships, etc.
- Customer Care: Post sale and beyond, ensure that we retain a relationship with our customers and subscribers on an ongoing basis.
What you’ll be doing:
Sales growth and profitability:
- Assist executive team in the development of the annual sales plan in support of organization strategy and objectives
- Direct implementation and execution of the sales strategies, practices, and policies
- Partner with sales leadership to develop effective field budgets and territory design
- Organize and drive outreach efforts with building managers, facility managers, and property owner organizations
- Review and communicate weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual sales strategies focused on expanding and identifying areas of opportunity that need addressed
- Utilization of technology:
- Create strategies to leverage customer relationship management across the entire organization, including sales leadership teams, marketing, and customer care
- Leverage website leads to maximize conversion to new accounts and orders
- Understand and use various marketing techniques to build brand awareness in the market
- Monitor and report on various marketing campaigns and provide quantitative feedback on outcomes from various activities and the direct return on investment
- Manage sign up and post-service events in buildings being served by Starry
- Schedule, train, and recruit part time “Brand Ambassadors” to staff events in buildings being served by Starry
- Manage customer retention and expansion
- Build, develop, and manage sales team capable of delivering our sales and service initiatives
- Drives all deliverables of the field sales roles
- Review and communicate the activity levels of the field sales teams to ensure the proper frequency of field coaching with sales leaders and sales representatives is occurring such that we are maximizing our customer contact in a measurable and impactful way
- Lead development of effective compensation plans that drive goal attainment
- Bachelor's degree with 10+ years of sales, customer engagement, and/or marketing related experience
- Experience working in a real estate or property management company a plus
- Demonstrated expertise in a variety of sales, customer care, and marketing concepts, practices, and procedures
- Ability to successfully work and partner across multiple functions in an organization
- 10 years professional experience, including 5 years as a team leader or supervisor in sales or customer success
- Previous experience building dashboards, reporting and processes in Salesforce
- Worked with integrating information from multiple sources through integrations and system development
- The ability to understand and effectively communicate abstract technical concepts, with the capacity to adjust to the technical level of audience
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- Flexible paid time off program allows you to take as much time as you need
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Life insurance and short & long term disability insurances with no employee contribution required
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.