Director of Network Deployment
Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
Starry designs, builds and operates wireless and wired networks for single-family units, multi-dwelling units (MDU), and enterprises. We are looking for a hands-on Director of Network Deployment. In this position, you will build and lead a team of professionals who will provision, build, and certify the construction of transmission sites on commercial buildings, receiving sites on MDUs, and finally install wireless modems and routers in subscriber locations.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and lead a team of project management and construction professionals to provision, construct, test, and commission network elements
- Provide a world-class experience for our clients: landlords, condominium boards and enterprises and subscribers
- Hire, train, and groom our in-house professionals to excel in their fields and improve our organizational capability
- Establish healthy relationships and enable fulfillment of service with outside partners when necessary
- Enthusiastically and tirelessly advocate for Starry’s mission
- Work with sales/business development to quickly qualify and estimate costs in order to enable rapid service launch
- Collaborate with RF Network Design and Network Operations to ensure uneventful and satisfying service initiation – using practical experience and common sense to develop a process that is repeatable and efficient
- Be strong in problem resolution and prioritization for competing resources
- Be able to document and give feedback to other groups on how we can improve our speed to service
- Provide hands-on management of the most complex projects -leading by personally taking on any difficult problems
- Mentor and coach staff members; set goals and effective checkpoints
- Moderate physical activity to fulfill operational goals
- Additional duties as required
- Solid understanding of construction and multi-project management
- Experience in motivating, communicating with, and leading teams so that Starry services are delivered in an optimized manner
- Experience in communications and network deployment a must
- 10+ years of experience with an internet service provider with in-building low voltage construction experience OR 5 years or more in DAS construction
- CCNP or equivalent experience
- Experience with networking and routing
- Proven optimistic and enthusiastic leadership style
- 5+ years of indefatigable field leadership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Real passion for Starry’s business
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We offer:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Life insurance and short & long term disability insurances with no employee contribution required
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.